The digital era has changed advertising tactics immensely. Companies are now faced with a tougher environment as they struggle to create effective campaigns that will cut through the noise and grab customers’ attention. To stay ahead of your competition, check out these 5 tips for creating an effective advertising campaign in the digital era!
1. Invest In Quality Content Creation
Creating high-quality content can be time-consuming and expensive, but it’s what will set you apart from the competition. Invest in hiring a creative content marketing agency to create long-form content that your customers are interested in reading. This includes blog posts, eBooks, guidebooks/cheat sheets, case studies, infographics, white papers, webinars… The possibilities are endless!
Use Visual Content With Care
Visuals are an excellent way to grab attention on social media. They’re also highly shareable across various channels. However, visual content doesn’t always translate into high conversion rates. Make sure that the images you choose for your campaign or business graphics showcase your products and services well. Also, ensure that they’re properly branded with your logo, tagline, and company colors.
Content Analysis & Monitoring
Once your campaign is live, make sure to actively monitor its results and performance (including website analytics). You can then use this data for your next content campaign to determine what type of content has the highest uptake and will best resonate with your audience.
2. Focus on Lead-Generation Tactics
Creating leads is the goal of any campaign – after all, leads are what convert into sales! Lead generation tactics like squeeze pages and lead magnets (ebooks/checklist/cheat sheets) help you capture contact information and build the email list that you can market to in future campaigns. Sending targeted emails is one of the most effective ways to drive conversions as well as build strong relationships with customers. Social media contests and giveaways can help attract attention too (and aren’t as exhausting as running a marathon).
3. Social Media Advertising
Social media is one of the most widely-used channels for digital marketing. While organic social media posts are free, they’re also less likely to get engagement and results. Boosting your paid advertisements through Facebook advertising or Twitter retargeting can help you spread brand awareness or drive sales at a low cost per click (CPC). If you don’t have time for this, consider outsourcing your social media campaigns to an agency.
CRM integration lets marketers save valuable time on data entry by pulling information directly from CRM software into their favorite tool – without having to manually re-enter it. This cuts out the hassle of updating customer information every time you’d like to send them an email or create an ad.
Utilize Influencers Into Your Tactics
Influencers are a red hot trend right now and for good reason. According to Forbes, “86% of consumers look to social media influencers when making purchase decisions.” This means it’s never been more important to find key thought leaders that can influence your target audience. You should also follow the same rules you would when reading articles – don’t just focus on the title but digest the content before making any judgments. As always, thoroughly research anyone that you’re thinking about partnering with before agreeing on anything!
4. Don’t Be Afraid To Experiment
With so many digital channels available, we often want to hit publish ASAP and hope for the best results. However, this can be a big mistake. We all know that you need to test, analyze data, and optimize for the best campaign results. The same goes for creating effective marketing campaigns in the digital era! Not every tactic will work – which means you should try new ones often. Don’t get stuck on just one type of social media or content. Keep an open mind and focus on results, not ego. We all have room for improvement and there’s always something new to learn.
5. Get A Better Understanding Of Important Elements
To create an effective campaign in the digital era, it’s important to have a basic understanding of the different elements that make up digital marketing. Some of the most important elements include SEO, PPC, video advertising, and paid ads. By understanding these concepts, you’ll be able to create a well-rounded campaign that will reach your target audience and convert leads into customers.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the process of getting your website to rank higher on search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. By having a high-ranking website (and the correct keywords), you’ll be able to draw more organic traffic to your site that will hopefully lead to conversions.
- PPC (Pay-Per-Click) advertising is one of the most common forms of digital advertising today. PPC ads are advertisements displayed alongside Google’s search results when someone searches for certain related terms. These advertisements appear at the top of Google’s search engine results or next to banners on other sites across the web. Many businesses use PPC advertising as their sole method for driving traffic to their websites because it can provide immediate sales leads with little effort needed after ad creation.
- Video advertising is a great way to provide your target audience with useful content that they’re likely to share at the same time. Videos can be shared on social media, submitted to directories like YouTube and Vimeo, embedded in blogs and websites (like this one!), or even hosted directly on your website or landing pages for better conversion rates.
- Paid ads are one of the most visible forms of digital marketing today. Paid ads refer to advertisements served within different types of digital platforms such as mobile apps, email campaigns, online video games, web search results, and more. Paid ads are a great tool for reaching new audiences because they appear alongside very targeted traffic sources and can help brands create immediate recognition among potential customers.
It’s important to understand the basic elements of digital advertising before you begin creating your next campaign. By doing some research and taking some time to learn from others who have been successful in the space, you’ll be able to create a more effective campaign that will hopefully drive more conversions than ever!