Effective networking is about connecting individuals who, through trust and partnership, help promote each other.
Here are ten tips on how to successfully create new business through business networks.
1. Remember that networking is about being genuine and genuine and creating trust.
Build relationships by clearly showing that you can and above all want to help others.
2. Ask yourself what your goals are in participating in networking meetings.
This way you can find the groups that will help you reach your goals. Some meetings focus mostly on learning, others focus on making contacts and some focus on volunteering rather than strictly making business contacts.
3. Visit as many network groups as possible to capture your interest.
Notice the tone and attitude of the group. Does it feel like people honestly support each other? Does the management seem competent? Many network groups offer new participants to visit the group once or twice before joining.
4. Become a volunteer in various organizations.
It’s a great way to make yourself visible and give back to the groups that have helped you.
5. Ask open-ended questions in the conversations with the network members.
This means questions that ask what, who, where, when and how, in contrast to such questions that can be answered with a simple yes or no. This form of questions opens up a discussion and shows the audience that you are interested in them.
6. Become known as a powerful resource for others.
When you are known as a strong resource, people will turn to you for suggestions, solutions, ideas, names of other people and so on. This makes you even more visible.
7. Have a clear idea of what you are doing and why, for whom and what is making you extra good or different from others doing the same thing.
If you want recommendations, you must first have a clear idea of what you are doing so you can easily offer it to others.
8. Make sure you can convey what you need and how others can help you.
Many people ask the question “how can I help you” in a conversation, but too few can answer.
9. Follow up the recommendations you receive quickly and efficiently.
If people give you a recommendation, you should answer them. Thank and show respect and you will get more.
10. Contact those you meet who you can benefit from and vice versa.
Tell them you appreciated the meeting and hope you can help each other and ask if you can meet again and exchange ideas.