Here are some relevant facts to help you get a better idea of Instagram and Snapchat marketing.
- Snapchat’s users are younger. 60% are under 25 and 41% of users are between 18-34 years
- Instagram’s users are older and 33% of users are in the target group 30-49 years
- Influencers on Instagram have a 28% higher opening rate on their stories compared to Snapchat
Advertising on Snapchat
- Snap Ads are video ads that can be up to 10 seconds long. They can be linked to articles and you can add a www-address / link.
- You can use geotagging on Snapchat via the so-called geofilters.
- You can use Augmented Reality (image or video) via the so-called lenses on Snapchat.
Advertising on Instagram
- You can use photos as advertisements on Instagram and add a “shop now” link.
- You can also use videos (Instagram Stories) up to 60 seconds. Here, too, you can add a www address / link.
- Instagram offers so-called Carousel ads that allow users to swipe for more photos or videos.
- Instagram offers the opportunity to advertise with Instagram Stories published between user stories from friends.
Cost of advertising – Instagram VS Snapchat
- The price for Instagram Stories ranges from 2 to 3 CPM (Cost per million)
- The price for Instagram ads is between 4 and 6 CPM
- Snap Ads can be purchased through an auction process
- Both Instagram and Snapchat (now launching) offer an interface for advertisers to manage the entire advertising process
- A Snap Lens campaign costs Approx 2 million EUR
- Snap Geofilters cost between 2 – 5 cents depending on density and demand in the geographical area