Target audience is a common and important term that is used in business and specifically marketing. Target audience refers to your main customer and potential customer base – meaning the individuals that are most relevant to your business.
Naturally, it is important for you to define your main audience to understand the people you are trying to reach. Defining your target audience will allow you to communicate better and target your marketing to reach them.
Below, we’ll take a look at the most popular quotes about target audience by some of the most influential and well-known individuals in the industry. These quotes are relevant to the topic of target audience in one way or another and can give you valuable information about how you should think about your target audience in order to succeed with your business and marketing endeavours.
Best quotes about target audiences
1. “Don’t just create content to get credit for being clever — create content that will be helpful, insightful, or interesting for your target audience.”
2. “Focus on identifying your target audience, communicating an authentic message that they want and need and project yourself as an “expert” within your niche.”
3. “In my opinion, understanding who your target audience is, and what they want, and writing to them (and only them!) is the most important component of being successful as an author.”
4. “Never try to fit a target audience. Write what is true to the characters in their settings and the audience will find you.”
5. “I think a mistake a lot of people make is to identify a target audience and then work backwards into creating a product for them.”
6. “9/10 startups fail, which is a harsh reality in the world of entrepreneurship. However, I believe that such a high number of startups fail because they do not take the right steps necessary when building their business. The biggest challenge people have is building something that their target audience or niche really wants.”
7. “Demoralization of the target audience is yet another step in successful mind control.”
8. “If your audience is young, it’d be youth culture, if your audience is older, it’d be older people, if it were senior citizens, it’d be senior citizen issues. So you try and hit the target audience.”
9. “The target audience goes back to conception. That means pre-natal care, safe delivery, post-natal screening, and the ordinary stuff you do in pediatrics.”
10. “I was talking to one of the writers about our target audience, and he was insulted that I used that term. But if you’re given $60 million to make a film, you’d better know who your target audience is. That’s who’s going to pay back the bills you run up.”
11. “The joy is in the creation. So I’ve never had a target audience, it’s always been about being true to the work as it emerges.”
12. “I never think in terms of target audience. I try to write what makes me laugh, so I’m the target audience. I guess I just hope there’s another person in America like me.”
13. “I don’t pay attention to target audiences and therefore I often hear that I am a ratings killer, somebody who fundamentally doesn’t care whether one person is watching or an entire soccer stadium.”
14. “I didn’t write with a target audience in mind. What excited me was how much I would enjoy writing about Harry. I never thought about writing for children – children’s books chose me. I think if it is a good book anyone will read it.”
15. “A principle familiar to propagandists is that the doctrine to be instilled in the target audience should not be articulated: that would only expose them to reflection, inquiry, and, very likely, ridicule. The proper procedure is to drill them home by constantly presupposing them, so that they become the very condition for discourse.”
16. “I don’t think I ever worry too much about what our target audience is, what we should be releasing. I just write naturally and organically and try to write from the heart.”
17. “I hate this expression, but – “thinking outside the box,” in terms of how to market and put a Broadway show out into the – allow it to reach the target audience, who can’t necessarily spend $120 to come see it.”
18. “When the target audience is American teenage kids, you can have problems. My generation prized really fine acting and writing. Sometimes you have to go back to the basic principles which underpin great visual comedy.”
19. “At the end of the process we called a market research company to find out whom the film was for or what was the target audience. We didn’t have a lot of money to release the film, so in order for it to play in cinemas, which are dominated by films with much larger marketing budgets, we had to discover whom the film was for.”
20. “Traditional horizontal search engines cannot always identify the target audience, niche or vertical industry of a page or site. Vertical search engines address this issue by the nature of their design. They identify sites according to more specific criteria and sometimes even by human input.”
21. “Marketers can target Sponsored Updates to any segment of our premium audience based on professional profile data across more than 225 million members.”
22. “I’m not too embarrassed to say I’m the definition of the target audience. This is my generation, the one of exalting music in album form.”
23. “My target audience is anyone who finds the world interesting and human behavior fascinating, terrible, inspiring, funny, and occasionally, mysterious.”
24. “My films have a bold interpretation. They are unapologetic about showing intimacy. Going by the number of people who come to watch my films, this is what our target audience yearns for.
25. “Before you start any business, you need to get your target audience down pat. Who do you want to serve? Who will your product/service benefit the most? Don’t worry about the rest.
-Kevin J. Donaldson
26. “I don’t think anyone’s made a videogame yet that is me as the target audience.”
– Samaire Armstrong
27. “The greatest challenge on the Web in the twenty-first century is to connect with your target audience in a way that enriches both them and you.”
28. “The key to effective content marketing is to deeply understand and address your target audience‘s interests and concerns by publishing content in a variety of forms, in the channels where your audience spends time.”
29. “To truly launch a great product, you need partners. Channel and marketing partners share in your success and share in the costs of reaching your target audience.”
30. “New opportunities for innovation open up when you start the creative problem-solving process with empathy toward your target audience.”
31. “Marketing is expanding your sphere of influence to your target audience in order to propel your business forward.”
32. “You’ll also need to invest in yourself with the kind of promo that targets your specific audience to help build that word of mouth. Most importantly, believe in what you’re doing and in your music and lyrics.”